Turnbridge® Westport is a comprehensive outpatient addiction and mental health treatment provider. The Turnbridge outpatient treatment center is located at 162 Kings Highway North, in Westport, Connecticut.
The program offers both standard outpatient, and intensive outpatient levels of care. People utilizing outpatient treatment to address substance use and co-occurring mental health conditions often begin outpatient care after detoxification.
Outpatient can offer a more accessible and convenient level of care than residential treatment, when clinically appropriate. Outpatient treatment, clients can live at home or in a recovery residence, go to work, or attend school while attending treatment at convenient times of day. Clients go to the outpatient treatment center for individual and group therapy sessions one or more days per week according to their needs.
What is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
When compared to residential or inpatient drug and alcohol treatment, IOP offers similar programming with the flexibility to accommodate your daily schedule. Intensive drug rehab at Turnbridge includes up to 15 hours per week of individual counseling, group therapy sessions, medication management, and family support. The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) program, is for clients who need multiple therapy sessions per day, multiple days per week. Intensive outpatient programming provides at least 3 hours of treatment per day, three days per week. Some Turnbridge IOP clients receive up to 15 hours of treatment per week.
Intensive outpatient treatment at Turnbridge offers:
- A gradual, step-down treatment model
- A small, safe group environment
- Flexible day and evening sessions
- A coordinated team-based approach
- Transportation assistance
- Aftercare planning and post-treatment services
- Structured and supportive client housing (sober living) when returning home is not an option
Who Qualifies for Outpatient Drug RehabTreatment?
In general, outpatient treatment is appropriate for clients who:
- Are medically stable and cleared by a physician
- Are motivated to recover from a substance use disorder
- Have completed a higher level of intensive care (partial hospitalization, inpatient rehab, detox)
- Have a lesser degree of addiction or substance abuse, or
- Have completed detox and/or are not physically dependent
All IOP drug rehab participants receive individualized treatment planning tailored to meet their unique needs. Treatment plans include a variety of therapeutic interventions and can include:
- Family Therapy: Helping families identify relational dynamics; understand generational patterns; achieve appropriate dynamics; implement boundaries; and restructure relationships are important goals of family therapy and education at Turnbridge.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy sessions are the primary treatment component used in our intensive outpatient program. Group topics vary from on the needs of the participants and the dynamics of the group.
- Individual Therapy: Clients meet with a therapist at least once a week – ensuring core issues are identified and properly addressed.
- Medication-assisted Treatment: Medication-assisted treatment is effective for the treatment of opioid dependence – in tandem with therapy and support.
- Psychiatry & Medication Management: Psychiatric medication management focuses on treating addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders with medications while educating clients about addiction, mental illness, and the side effects.
- Complimentary Therapies: Effective addiction treatment should address the whole individual. Complementary therapies include yoga, meditation, personal training, and more.
Factors Influencing Outpatient Drug Rehab Treatment Programs
The treatment program team at Turnbridge considers all factors that can impact the treatment of a client’s addiction, including:
- Type of addiction
- Length of addiction
- Physical health
- Family and social support
- Co-occurring disorders
- Professional and personal commitments
These are just some of the factors that must be considered in developing the most effective outpatient treatment program for you. Our treatment professionals and treatment programs are equipped to handle a wide variety of substance abuse issues.
Other Disorders Influencing Outpatient Treatment Programs
Many people suffering from drug and alcohol abuse and addiction also have separate and distinct mental health issues. These issues can include:
- Bi-polar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Your treatment team will thoroughly evaluate all mental health issues, allowing us to make sure that you receive comprehensive outpatient drug rehab treatment designed for you. These integrated services are designed to support your journey towards full recovery, and life free from addiction.
How an Intensive Outpatient Program Can Help
For individuals in search of recovery from substance abuse, finding help and support from treatment professionals and those who are active in recovery is an important first step. By participating in intensive outpatient programming at Turnbridge, one will receive high-quality programming and therapy designed to address their specific addiction issues.
The individual will also receive the support and encouragement of others who are dealing with similar experiences with recovery and addiction. Additionally, the support provided through participating in our IOP will help guard against the effects of Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS).
It is important to understand that there are two stages of withdrawal that a recovering addict experiences during their early recovery. The first stage, or acute stage, can last for several weeks after they stop using substances. Post-acute withdrawal syndrome can come months later and after an individual’s physiological functions return to baseline.
When experiencing PAWS-related symptoms, individuals may exhibit signs of depression, anxiety, and fear. By participating in continuing care at Turnbridge Recovery Center’s intensive outpatient program, one will learn that these symptoms as normal and understand how to cope with negative thoughts and feelings in a healthy manner. Additionally, those who develop a continuing care plan as part of our IOP have a higher probability of staying sober and can better manage and maintain long-term recovery and sobriety.
Outpatient Treatment in a Caring, Supportive Environment
Environments matter. Outpatient rehab at Turnbridge is offered in a private, relaxed, and modern setting – a 5,000 sq ft refuge of healing overlooking the Saugatuck River near downtown Westport.
To schedule a comprehensive alcohol or drug evaluation, call us today at 877.575.0350.